The Literary Magazine of Westwood High School

Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Cool Cat in a Hat

I found a picture of a cute cat in sunglasses wearing a bucket hat. I wanted to convey the cat’s unbothered character.
Materials: Watercolors and Colored Pencil

View Comments (5)
More to Discover

Comments (5)

All Dreamcatcher Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Y

Yonnie YangMay 21, 2024 at 11:56 am

I love this image because it’s really fun and yet the level of skill in the drawing is incredible. I myself have tried using watercolors and colored pencils as mediums and have not come near this level of realistic painting.

Reply
  • A

Arhaan JafriMay 21, 2024 at 11:47 am

Wow! I have seen the real version of this picture so many times, and this drawing is a great depiction of it! I love how the shadows were used to make it look more realistic! What a great job done by one of our fellow Westwood Students!

Reply
  • L

Leah KardonikMay 20, 2024 at 9:51 am

I have seen the original picture of the cat before, and I can confirm that this is an extremely accurate representation of the picture. I think that details are very spot on, and the yellow hat is very vibrant just like the original picture.

Reply
  • R

R CaudleMay 20, 2024 at 9:34 am

This reminds me of myself. The art is good, and the sunglasses are drawn really well.

Reply
  • R

RounavMay 20, 2024 at 9:27 am

I like the way this picture is visually appealing and also interesting because it’s something that you wouldn’t normally see. It’s cool to see how you were successfully able to combine these different elements and the contrasting colors (white and black vs. yellow) to create a really good art piece.

Reply