Competitions & Awards
How to write poetry
Competitions & Awards
How to write fiction
How to take good pictures of your artwork
Links to Competitions/Awards
- https://doodles.google.com/d4g/how-it-works/ (submissions open January 11th, 2021)
Taking Creative Photos
Outreaching to authors
If you ever want to reach out to any authors, for doing interviews, you should go to their website and find out any social media, so you can write to them. Usually writers have an email address so their fans, newspapers, or important brands use to reach out to these authors.
Here is an email template to write to an author.
Good (morning/afternoon/evening) (Mr/Mrs./Ms last name of the author.)
I’m a student at Westwood High School in Austin, Texas working for our school’s literary magazine, The Dreamcatcher.
I’m reaching out to you because I wanted to interview you about (the thing you are interviewing them for). It would be lovely to set up a meeting with you soon via (Zoom/Google Meet/ Teams/ etc).
If you are available for this interview, we will set up a meeting date and hour according to your needs.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Have a nice (day/week)
(your first name and last name)
Basics of Comics
Writing in Different Languages
- Know the language: Get to know the language, you should definitely know the vocabulary and the grammar you need to use.
- Don’t use google translate: Google translate is not a good source for translating things because it does it in a weird and wrong way. Instead, use; https://www.wordreference.com/, https://en.pons.com/translate or any other translator you know of that is trustworthy.
- If you have any questions on how to phrase something, ask your language teacher or do your best. At the end, the editor will give you some tips on how to phrase it.
- Be respectful: Don’t use offensive words or language. Even if some people don’t understand what you’re saying, it’s inappropriate.
The Young Writers Initiative
The Young Writers Initiative was founded to offer young writers valuable writing resources that will aid them in improving their craft and advancing their career, like editing, beta reading, consulting, publishing opportunities, and more. We also want to have a space where young writers can express themselves, empowering young writers and artists all over the world to constantly improve and chase their dreams.